Capitec Bank and Shoprite Checkers Pay your Salary Competition
1. The name of the competition is 'Pay your salary competition"
2. The competition will run from 1 October 2012 to 31 December 2012.
3. The competition is open to natural persons:
3.1 who are citizens of, and living in the Republic of South Africa, and
3.2 who is an employee of a Shoprite, Checkers or Usave branch in the Western Cape during the duration of the competition, and
3.3 who have a Capitec Bank savings account, and
3.4 who's monthly or weekly salary is paid into that Capitec Bank savings account at any stage during the competition.
4. Your name will be automatically entered into the competition if your monthly or weekly salary is paid into your Capitec Bank savings account at any stage during the competition, which will be considered a valid entry into the monthly competition and grand prize draw. If you do not want to participate in the draw, you may opt-out of the competition by calling the Capitec Bank Client Care Centre on 0860 10 20 43.
5. Valid entries will be determined using Human Resources records that indicate all Shoprite Group Western Cape branch employees whose salary is paid into a Capitec Bank savings account, as supplied to Capitec on a monthly basis by the Shoprite Group Human Resources department.
6. All valid entries will be collated at the end of each month for entry into a random draw for the ten x R1000 monthly Cash Prize winners. One winner will also be randomly selected to win the Grand Prize of a Samsung Galaxy S3 at the end of the three month period. All winners will be randomly selected by a computer programmed algorithm.
7. All winners will be contacted by phone and all cash prizes will be paid into the winner's Capitec Bank savings account within 1 week of announcing the winner. Capitec will announce the winners of the competition on our website at www.capitecbank.co.za and on platforms appropriate to the competition. If we are unable to contact a winner within 30 days, the winner will forfeit the prize and Capitec Bank reserves the right to re-draw a new winner under the same conditions.
8. The grand prize winner will be expected to receive the prize at his/her place of work.
9. Capitec may require the winners to be identified, or to appear on radio or in newspapers and social media when accepting their prizes. The winners will be given the opportunity to decline the publication of their images and to participate in Capitec's marketing material.
10. The Cash Prize is not transferable and will only be paid by electronic funds transfer into a Capitec Bank savings account in the name of the winner. No Cash Prize will be paid into a non Capitec bank savings account and cannot be drawn in cash or any other form.
11. The Grand Prize is not transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash or any other goods.
12. Capitec's decision is final and no further correspondence will be entered into.
13. Capitec accepts no responsibility or liability for any loss or damage to goods or personal injury suffered as a result of participating or winning any prize, and will also not be responsible or liable for any further expenses or fees required for purpose of using, applying or enjoying the prize won in this competition.
14. Your entry into the competition and/or your acceptance of the prize (in the event that you win the prize) constitutes your binding acceptance of the terms and conditions.
15. You may not win a prize if it is unlawful for us to supply such a prize to you. If you do win such a prize, you will forfeit it. You must be eligible to win the prize.
16. You must possess whatever documents and permissions that may be required in order to accept and use a prize which documents and permissions it is your responsibility to obtain at your own cost, and which documents and permissions must remain valid in such minimum form.
18. The competition closes on 31 December 2012 at 11:45pm.
19. We will not be responsible, and disclaim all liability, for any loss, liability, injury, expense or damage (whether direct, indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential) of any nature, whether arising from negligence or any other cause, which is suffered by your participation in the competition or the acceptance and/or use by you or your partner, of any prize, or by any action taken by us or any of our affiliates in accordance with the terms and conditions.
20. If you fail to comply with any of the terms and conditions, then without prejudice to any other remedy which we may have you will be automatically disqualified and you will forfeit the prize/s (in the event that you have already won a prize);
21. We reserve the right to vary, postpone, suspend, or cancel the competition and any prizes, or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time, for any reason which we deem necessary. In the event of such variation, postponement, suspension or cancellation, you agree to waive any rights, interests and expectations that you may have in terms of this competition and acknowledge that you will have no recourse against us, our affiliates and third party suppliers.
22. The competition is not open to any person who is a director, member, partner, employee, agent or consultant of Capitec Bank or others involved in organising the competition.
23. These terms and conditions will be construed, interpreted and enforced in accordance with the laws the Republic of South Africa.
What's New at Capitec Bank?
Find your nearest branch.
Get Our Newsletter
Get all the latest news and tips to better manage your money.