The Foundation’s main purpose is to campaign for better quality education, particularly in terms of improving numeracy skills and raising the financial literacy levels in South Africa.
Capitec Foundation aims
- Improve the performance and numeracy skills of learners in maths for maths-related careers
- Improve the financial literacy of consumers through financial life skills programmes
- Improve the financial life skills of learners and school leaders
- Develop school leaders within education institutions in the communities that Capitec Bank serves
- Support organisations that are actively involved in having a long-term, positive impact on the care for and support of abused and neglected women and children with once-off donations