Bank Better, Live Better
safe and hassle-free online shopping
You’ve decided that busy malls and full parking lots aren’t for you. Good call! One way to beat the mall crush is to shop online.
How do you get started shopping online? And what do you need to know? Don’t worry - we’ve got you covered.
- Have a plan, set a budget and stick to it. Buy only what you need, and not just because something’s on sale
- Compare prices for similar items and buy the best priced one
- Store all your payment and billing information in one central, secure location with Capitec Bank Masterpass™, powered by Mastercard®. You can also use it with SnapScan codes and for purchases on Takealot
- Always make sure that you’re on a secure site. In the address bar at the top, look for https at the start of the address. If it says http, the site isn’t secure. For example, https://www.capitecbank.co.za/ not http://www.capitecbank.co.za/
- Avoid using public Internet spaces and public computers to do Internet banking or online shopping
- Never share banking information such as your ID number, banking PINs, passwords or account numbers online in an email, by SMS, on social media, or by phone
- Don’t click on links in emails you weren’t expecting or from an unfamiliar email address
you may also like...
Spring clean! Declutter your finances with this habit
While spring cleaning your finances may feel daunting, there’s one habit that can quickly help you declutter your financial life.
how to switch your debit orders
We’ll take the hassle out of switching and keep you updated on the progress. Here’s how.
zero data fees to use our app
Using our app is the most affordable way to transact. Pay zero data fees when banking on our app, while app transaction fees are also much lower than in branch.