Bank Better, Live Better
protect your money
Banking tips to help you keep your money safe, on- and offline.
At the ATM
These are the most important ATM safety tips to remember. You can read the full list here.
- Avoid suspicious ATMs
- Never allow strangers to help you and don't get distracted, even if you're struggling with the transaction.
- Never share your PIN details with anyone. We will never ask you for your card PIN
- If the ATM isn’t working properly, press the Cancel button, take your card and go to another one
- Always make sure that you get your own card back from the ATM
- Inform us immediately if your card is retained by an ATM, lost or stolen on 0860 10 20 43
Tip: To be safer, and to save time and money, use the Capitec Bank cellphone app to pay accounts and people anywhere 24/7. Or use your Global One card to pay, or draw cash at a Pick n Pay, Checkers or Boxer stores instead.
On your phone
These are the most important cellphone banking tips to remember. You can read the full list here.
- Never share your cellphone banking app PIN with anyone. We will never ask you for your PIN
- Don’t save your cellphone banking PIN and other information on your phone
- Don’t give any third-party apps you download and install permission to access your messages and account info
- Inform us immediately if your phone is lost or stolen on 0860 10 20 43
Tip: Protect yourself from fraud. Use the app to check your transaction history for any unauthorised transactions on your account. You can also use it to stop and/or dispute debit orders.
These are the most important Internet banking tips to remember. You can read the full list here.
- Always type https://direct.capitecbank.co.za/ibank/ into your browser to access Internet banking
- Don’t click on suspicious links in an email or social media. We will never ask you for your banking information in an email, SMS or any other form of online communication
- Keep your sign-in details a secret
- Avoid doing your banking from a computer at a public place such as an Internet café
Tip: Save time and bank anywhere 24/7 with our banking app. Not only do you save time, you also don’t need to use 2 devices for your banking anymore.
These are the most important card safety tips to remember. You can read the full list here.
- Keep your card in plain sight at all times
- Don’t share your card PIN with anyone. We will never ask you for your banking details
- Make sure you are on a secure site before entering your card details to make any payments
Tip: Keep an eye on your account. Get SMS notifications and stay in control.
Inform us immediately if your card or banking app-enabled phone is lost or stolen, or if you suspect unauthorised transactions on your account. Call us on 0860 10 20 43
Tip: Find more information about the latest bank scams and safety tips on the South African Banking Risk Information Centre (Sabric) website.
you may also like...
what to do if you fall victim to card fraud
Having illegal transactions performed on your account can be quite stressful and traumatic. Here’s how you can reduce the damages by acting quickly and responsibly.
changes to payments to and from namibia, lesotho and eswatini
Due to a directive by the South African Reserve Bank (SARB), Capitec clients will no longer be able to receive money from, or make EFT payments to, certain banks in neighbouring countries. Here’s what you can do.