Bank Better, Live Better
a wedding venue to suit your pocket09/07/2019
Want to splurge on your big day but not sure where to start? Or dreaming of a big fat Greek wedding but have a slim ZAR budget? Read on.
For soon-to-wed couples planning an extravagant banquet in the countryside or a simple, informal affair on the beach, finding the perfect wedding venue is probably a top priority.
Here are a few wedding venues that could suit your budget in South Africa.
Budget: R30 000 +
Suikerbossie Restaurant & Estate, Hout Bay
- Why we love it: The lush garden, close proximity to the Cape Town City Bowl, halaal-friendly kitchen and panoramic views of the Atlantic Ocean make Suikerbossie a wonderfully romantic (and practical!) wedding venue. It’s also ideal if you’re planning to make Cape Town your honeymoon destination
- Prices start from: R383pp (tapas) and R389 (breakfast) + R19 000 (venue hire)
- Get in touch: Suikerbossie | firstname.lastname@example.org
Cranford Country Lodge, Curry’s Post, KwaZulu-Natal
- Why we love it: Fantastic food, a number of picturesque spots in which to say “I do”, beautiful green pastures with horses, and great attention to detail all make this peaceful countryside venue the ideal spot for a wedding in the KwaZulu-Natal Midlands. Convince your guests to make a weekend of it and to explore the many eateries, breweries and craft stops on the famous Midlands Meander.
- Prices start from: R390pp (dinner for 100+ guests) + R15 000 (venue hire)
- Get in touch: Cranford Country Lodge | email@example.com
Budget tip: Stretch your wedding budget by sending e-invites, opting for a buffet (this is usually the less expensive option) and cutting non-essentials. Do you really need those wedding favours?
Budget: R50 000 +
Gondwana Game Reserve, Garden Route
- Why we love it: What could be more magical than watching elephants at a waterhole while celebrating your wedding? With breathtaking mountain views and surrounded by fynbos, this luxury game reserve is the perfect wedding destination for those who love the outdoors. If you can afford to splurge, opt to host your wedding in the veld, under the stars
- Prices start from: R495pp + R20 000 (indoor venue). Note that the venue requires that at least 60 guests stay over
- Get in touch: Gondwana Game Reserve | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Why we love it: You simply can’t get any closer to the ocean, unless you’re in a boat! This very special spot on the West Coast offers an authentic South African wedding experience and a seafood buffet that’s as legendary as the venue itself. Plus, 60 people can be accommodated for an overnight (or weekend) stay. Strandkombuis also offers all-inclusive packages for couples who are on a budget or who prefer an intimate wedding
- Price start from: R220pp (pizza buffet) or R420pp (seafood buffet) + R30 000 (venue hire)
- Get in touch: Strandkombuis | email@example.com
Budget tip: Find the best deals on flights, accommodation and car rentals for your wedding or honeymoon by booking through Travelstart. If you pay with your activated Capitec card, you will also get R100 off domestic flights and R400 off international flights.
Budget: R80 000 +
Ulusaba Private Game Reserve, Mpumalanga
- Why we love it: Located in the Sabi Sands Game Reserve, this venue is all about memorable wedding celebrations in the bush. The lower deck at Rock Lodge offers magnificent views and is the best spot for watching hippos at play in the dam right below. To make the most of this one-of-a-kind African experience, we recommend going the whole hog and booking a marimba band, gumboot dancers and traditional Shangaan singers for your wedding
- Prices start from: R85 122 per couple for 3 nights’ accommodation in a Safari Room. This package includes the ceremony, a minister, gifts, couple’s massages, meals and more
- Get in touch: Ulusaba Private Game Reserve | firstname.lastname@example.org
Budget tip: With a Capitec Flexible Savings Account, you can choose the deposit amount and the frequency of your deposits. The best part: earning from 5% interest per year on daily balances while you’re saving for your big day.
Disclaimer: Prices and information correct at the time of writing and subject to change.
you may also like...
smart ways to save
Whether you’re saving for lobola, building your emergency fund or putting money away until you decide what to do with it, these tips can help you grow your savings.
the cost of loyalty programmes
It’s hard to find a company that doesn’t offer rewards these days. But are they worth your time – and money?