Bank Better, Live Better
holiday travel tips
Planning an overseas holiday or a local trip? Save time and money with these tips.
- Pay zero data fees when you bank on our app. Stay in control of your money at all times, even when you don’t have data or a WiFi connection
- Using your card is safer and more affordable than carrying large amounts of cash. Keeping money in your account for longer also means you could earn from 4.75% interest on positive balances
- Pay for flights with your Capitec credit card and benefit from free travel insurance
- Choose the currency of the country you're visiting to get the exchange rate of the day
- Pay zero card and currency conversion fees when you use your card for international purchases, online shopping, accounts, fuel, and telephone or mail orders
- Get cash from any ATM with the Mastercard® logo for R55.48
- Use our app to manage your bank account. The app is linked to your phone, so you can use it by accessing a WiFi network or a local SIM from any country you're traveling in
- Save data costs and buy a local SIM or switch your data roaming off and use trusted WiFi networks
you may also like...
the easiest way to save money when travelling abroad
There is one simple thing you can do to save while travelling that won’t result in you sacrificing comfort or experiences.
prevent credit card fraud on holiday
Before grabbing your passport and heading out the door, make sure you’re aware of potential card scams in the country you’re visiting.