How do you get started shopping online? And what do you need to know? Don’t worry - we’ve got you covered.
- Have a plan, set a budget and stick to it. Buy only what you need, and not just because something’s on sale
- Compare prices for similar items and buy the best priced one
- Store all your payment and billing information in one central, secure location with Capitec Bank Masterpass™, powered by Mastercard®. You can also use it with SnapScan codes and for purchases on Takealot
- Always make sure that you’re on a secure site. In the address bar at the top, look for https at the start of the address. If it says http, the site isn’t secure. For example, https://www.capitecbank.co.za/ not http://www.capitecbank.co.za/
- Avoid using public Internet spaces and public computers to do Internet banking or online shopping
- Never share banking information such as your ID number, banking PINs, passwords or account numbers online in an email, by SMS, on social media, or by phone
- Don’t click on links in emails you weren’t expecting or from an unfamiliar email address