Do you have an unplanned expense or would like to be prepared for emergency situations? Get a credit facility of up to R5 000 in minutes to take care of your needs.
What is a credit facility?
- Get up to R5 000 (depending on your affordability assessment)
- The money is available immediately so you can do card payments or get cash at supermarket tills and ATMs
- It's easy to use – transfer money to your transaction/savings account using your cellphone or Internet banking (Remote Banking) and our ATMs
- Must be paid back in full each month
- Reviewed at a branch every 9 months for your convenience
Credit facility rates and fees
- Initiation fee: R172.5 for the first R1 000 transfer up to R649.75 for following transfers
- Monthly fee: R35 (without active balance owing) R69 (with active balance owing)
Credit insurance is available if you don’t have your own.
Documents you need when applying
- Original identification document (must be 18 years or older). If your name and/or surname differs from your identification document, a marriage certificate, divorce court order or name change letter will be required.
- Latest salary slip
- Any original bank statement showing your latest 3 consecutive salary deposits into an account in your name (an over-the-counter bank statement must be stamped)
Download our free Good for Credit booklet for tips on handling credit.
You know you pay interest on what you borrow, but do you understand it? We explain what it is and how it works.
a step-by-step strategy for becoming debt-free
If you are currently feeling pressure as a result of monthly debt repayments, you are definitely not alone. Small, consistent changes can help you take control and speed up your repayment progress.