my findsremove bookmarks all done
When the worst happens, the claims process shouldn't be a hassle.
In the unfortunate event of a death, our simple claims process will take care of your policy payout quickly and efficiently, leaving you and your family free to focus on the funeral arrangements.
Natural death claims
- Original or certified copy of the death certificate
- Fully completed BI-1663/BI-1680 or DHA-1663/DHA-1680 form
- BI-1663/BI-1680: This is a notification of death or stillbirth completed by the Department of Home Affairs
- DHA-1663/DHA-1680: This is a Death Report that will be issued after a death has been registered
The valid identity document of the claimant
- The valid identity document of the beneficiary
- Beneficiary’s bank, bank account number and branch code if the beneficiary is not a Capitec Bank accountholder
- Any other documents/reports which we need to assess the validity of the claim
In addition to the above documents, for
Accidental Death claims
- A police report with the details of the cause of death
Newborn Premium Waiver claims
- An unabridged birth certificate
Voluntary Premium Pause claims
- A reason as to why you want to activate the benefit, no additional documents required
Waiting Period Waiver
- Policy schedule of previous policy showing that the cover was in force at the time of the Capitec policy acceptance
- Letter of proof of cancellation or lapse of previous policy after the Capitec policy acceptance date
Once all relevant documents are received, your claim will be processed in 4 hours and the money paid into your Capitec account immediately after your claim is approved.
Underwritten by Centriq Life, an authorised financial services provider (FSP 7370) (Reg. no.: 1943/016409/06), part of the Sanlam Group.