move to Capitec
Move to a simpler way to bank – deposit your salary and move your debit orders for simple and affordable banking in the new year.
Moving to a simpler way to bank is easier than you think. Open an account at your nearest branch in only a few minutes and immediately get your card. If you already have an account and want to move your debit orders, simply refer to the relevant section below.
Open an account
Visit your nearest branch
- Remember to take your valid ID document with you
- You can download and activate our banking app while in branch, so you can save time and money by banking on your phone anywhere, 24/7
Move your salary
- You’ll receive a letter with your new Capitec account number on it
- Existing clients can also find their account number on the front of their bank card
- Give your new banking details to your employer, so your salary will be paid into your new Capitec account
Move your debit orders online
- Fill in your details on the move debit orders page
- Upload a picture or copy of your latest bank statement reflecting the debit order(s) you would like to move
- A Client Care agent will contact you at your preferred time to confirm that you have uploaded the correct documents and verify the debit orders to be moved
Alternatively, you can:
- Visit your nearest branch with your latest bank statement
- Call our 24hr Client Care Centre on 0860 10 20 43
Please note: Moving your debit orders will take a few days to complete, so please ensure that there’s enough funds in your old account for any debit orders that couldn’t be moved in time.
Steps during process to move your debit orders