move to Capitec
Move to a simpler way to bank – deposit your salary and move your debit orders for simple and affordable banking in the new year.
Moving to a simpler way to bank is easier than you think. Open your account at your nearest branch today in only a few minutes and get your card immediately. If you already have an account and you want to move your debit orders then complete the debit order form below and we will help you make the move.
Open an account:
- visit your nearest branch
- You will need to take your ID with you. Read more about FICA requirements here.
- While you in the branch do not forget to download and activate our banking app, allowing you to save time and money by banking anywhere and at any time.
Move your salary
- Once you have opened your Capitec account, you will need to give your new banking details to your employer.
- Your employer will be the one responsible for paying your salary into your account.
Move your debit orders
- To switch your debit orders you will need to download and complete the Debit Order Switch Authorization form.
- Once you have completed the form you can send this with your latest bank statement reflecting the debit order(s) you would like to switch to Switch@CapitecBank.co.za.
- Alternatively you can visit your nearest branch with your latest bank statement to switch your debit orders.
- Switching your salary and debit orders will take a few days to complete.
Steps during the debit order switch process
Note:Closer to the end of the month,make sure you know which debit orders have not been moved. Keep enough money in your old bank account for those debit orders to go off.