Privacy & Security
all about the digits
These days, it feels like you need a PIN for just about everything. It’s tempting to keep them all the same… but that’s a bad idea.
PIN security tips
- Never share your PIN (for your card, token, Remote Banking, etc.) with anyone, including a Capitec Bank employee or the police
- We will never ask for your PIN or password by email, SMS, phone or face-to-face
- Memorise your PIN and never write it down
- Don't use an obvious PIN or one that is easy to guess (like your date of birth)
- Change your PIN often – this makes it difficult for others to guess your PIN or use it to access your account if they see you entering it
- Don't use the same PIN for your card, token, Remote Banking, etc.
fica documents info
As an accountable institution, we must comply with Financial Intelligence Centre Act (FICA) requirements. This means that for identification and verification purposes, clients must provide us with certain personal information and documents to open an account.