Privacy & Security
all about the digits
These days, it feels like you need a PIN for just about everything. It’s tempting to keep them all the same… but that’s a bad idea.
PIN security tips
- Never share your PIN (for your card, token, Remote Banking, etc.) with anyone, including a Capitec Bank employee or the police
- We will never ask for your PIN or password by email, SMS, phone or face-to-face
- Memorise your PIN and never write it down
- Don't use an obvious PIN or one that is easy to guess (like your date of birth)
- Change your PIN often – this makes it difficult for others to guess your PIN or use it to access your account if they see you entering it
- Don't use the same PIN for your card, token, Remote Banking, etc.
here’s how to get your credit record into shape
Having credit is an important part of a good financial plan as it forms the basis of your credit record. Here's why having a credit record is important and tips to build a solid one.