Privacy & Security
all about the digits
These days, it feels like you need a PIN for just about everything. It’s tempting to keep them all the same… but that’s a bad idea.
PIN security tips
- Never share your PIN (for your card, token, Remote Banking, etc.) with anyone, including a Capitec Bank employee or the police
- We will never ask for your PIN or password by email, SMS, phone or face-to-face
- Memorise your PIN and never write it down
- Don't use an obvious PIN or one that is easy to guess (like your date of birth)
- Change your PIN often – this makes it difficult for others to guess your PIN or use it to access your account if they see you entering it
- Don't use the same PIN for your card, token, Remote Banking, etc.
protect yourself against credit card fraud
According to the South African Banking Risk Information Centre (SABRIC), credit card fraud in South Africa is still on the rise.