Privacy & Security
all about the digits
These days, it feels like you need a PIN for just about everything. It’s tempting to keep them all the same… but that’s a bad idea.
PIN security tips
- Never share your PIN (for your card, token, Remote Banking, etc.) with anyone, including a Capitec Bank employee or the police
- We will never ask for your PIN or password by email, SMS, phone or face-to-face
- Memorise your PIN and never write it down
- Don't use an obvious PIN or one that is easy to guess (like your date of birth)
- Change your PIN often – this makes it difficult for others to guess your PIN or use it to access your account if they see you entering it
- Don't use the same PIN for your card, token, Remote Banking, etc.
what to do if you fall victim to card fraud
Having illegal transactions performed on your account can be quite stressful and traumatic. Here’s how you can reduce the damages by acting quickly and responsibly.
here’s how to get your credit record into shape
Having credit is an important part of a good financial plan as it forms the basis of your credit record. Here's why having a credit record is important and tips to build a solid one.