Round up those extra rands and cents! Our Save Better tools do the saving for you so you can grow your money without any effort. You can use our app to switch them on or off at any time.
Round-up is an automatic savings tool that puts your small change to work – growing your money every time you shop!
Simply spend as you normally would. We’ll round up each purchase to the value you choose and automatically transfer the difference to your Live Better savings once the transaction clears.
Once you’ve activated Round-up, you’ll save a little every time you spend as your small change turns into Live Better savings.
- Any card purchase qualifies for Round-up. This includes card machine, scan to pay and online shopping purchases
- Your purchases will be rounded up to the nearest R2, R5 or R10 – depending on which value you choose. You can change your round-up value on our app at any time
- The difference is transferred into your Live Better savings account once the transaction clears
You choose to round up to the nearest R10 and make a card purchase of R143, which rounds it up to R150. The round-up value is R7, which is transferred into your Live Better savings.
- The round-up amounts from qualifying transactions will be added up and transferred to your Live Better savings when each transaction clears (within a few days)
- Round-up will only apply to card machine, scan to pay and online shopping purchases from your main transactional savings account or credit card
- If you use your credit card, the Round-up amount will be calculated on the credit card transaction, but the rounded amount will be transferred from your main transactional savings account into your Live Better savings
- Purchases using your flexible savings plan: If you have a supplementary card linked to one of your flexible savings plans that lets the cardholder make purchases from that account, the Round-up amount will be calculated and then deducted from your main transactional savings account. The purchase amount will be deducted from the flexible savings plan linked to the card, but the rounded amount will be transferred from your main transactional savings account into your Live Better savings
- If there isn't enough money in your main transactional savings account after the purchases clear, the round-up transfer will fail. It won't be reprocessed once more money comes into your account. Your main transactional savings account won't go in a negative because of a Round-up transfer
- Round-up excludes:
- ATM transactions
- Cash back at tills – the cash back amount will be excluded from the round-up calculation
- Debit orders
- Transactions using our app or *120*3279#