my findsremove bookmarks all done
opening a savings account – what you'll need15/08/2013
Emailed statements for accounts such as municipal rates and taxes (utilities), cellphone and retail stores must be printed and may be accepted as proof of residential address. The statement must be on the official letterhead or include the recognisable logo and information of the organisation, and it must contain your full name or initials, surname and residential address. This statement may not be emailed to the branch.
Original proof of residential address
You must have a South African residential address. We accept any of the following documents containing your full name and/or initials, surname and your complete residential address.
Emailed or posted to your residential address; less than 3 months old:
- Rates and taxes (utilities) account
- Cellphone account (e.g. Cell C, MTN, Vodacom, etc.)
- Retail credit account (e.g. Edgars, Woolworths, etc. Over-the-counter accounts are not acceptable)
- Telkom account (or any other fixed-line provider account)
Posted to your residential address; less than 3 months old:
- Bank statement/ATM printout/Client profile (from a bank other than Capitec Bank or available over the counter with the bank’s official stamp. Must be an active account. It’s not necessary for the bank’s official stamp to be on the ATM printout)
- Third-party account statement (e.g. doctor’s account, lawyer’s account, MultiChoice statement, etc. Over-the-counter statements are not acceptable)
- Student registration letter from a tertiary institution
- Body corporate/Share block correspondence