the benefits of credit
Get long-term personalised loan of up to R250 000, a credit card, a credit facility for daily needs, or apply for a home loan by SA Home Loans.
Your credit options
Up to R250 000 cash over 84 months based on your affordability and credit profile. Learn more
One card for all your banking needs. Get up to R250 000 credit limit. Learn more
Up to R5 000 for daily needs, emergencies or unplanned expenses. Learn more
R100 000 to R5 million over 240 months from SA Home Loans. Learn more
Get our affordable credit insurance for cover. Learn more
International travel insurance covers unexpected medical expenses while traveling abroad. Learn more
How to qualify
If you answer 'Yes' to all of the following questions, you could qualify for credit:
- Are you 18 years or older?
- Do you have a recent stamped bank statement and salary slip or pension letter?
- Are you employed (not self-employed) or do you earn a pension?
- Have you been with your current employer for longer than 2 months?
- Do you earn a salary (not just commission) which is paid into your bank account?
- You haven't been handed over, sequestered or placed under debt review/administration?
Credit comparison tips
- Look at the total repayment amount over the full term
- While the interest rate is an important factor, don't let it be the only one
- Understand the fees (once-off initiation fee and monthly service fee) and consider credit insurance (we offer this free on loans 6 months or longer)
- Download our free Good for Credit booklet for tips on how to handle credit
protect yourself against credit card fraud
According to the South African Banking Risk Information Centre (SABRIC), credit card fraud in South Africa is still on the rise.
credit cards or retail accounts, which is better?
Credit cards and retail accounts make it possible for us to buy these items when we need them, and then pay them off in instalments. But which is better?