For RICA purposes, you must have an existing Global One account. If you are not already a Capitec client, you’ll need to bring the following documents with you to open an account:
- Original identification document
- One of these documents (not older than 3 months) as proof of residence:
- Bank statement or municipal account
- Cellphone or retail account
- Any document that’s issued monthly, and contains your name and residential address
Note: You can present a valid (and unaltered) document that has been emailed to you on a device as your proof of residence.
Recharge on the go
Top up on our banking app, by dialling *120*3279# or top up using cash anywhere you
see the Blu Approved sign.
*120*3279# Airtime, minutes, data and SMSs
*130*3279# Buy airtime and minutes even if you don’t have airtime
Dial *101# Balance check
Dial *147# Self-service menu
Dial 132 Voicemail
Dial 135 24hr Client Care Centre
You can move and keep your existing number from another network. You can port your number when collecting your Capitec Connect SIM in-branch, or at any time by dialling 135 for free from your Capitec Connect SIM. Remember to convert existing contracts to prepaid first before you port.
To port in branch:
- We will need your ID number and the cellphone number you want to port
- The porting request is sent to the National Porting Company. This may take up to 48 hours to process. You’ll receive regular SMS updates on the progress
Note: Your current service provider may contact you to approve the request.
If your number isn’t used within a 6-month period, the SIM will be deactivated and the number recycled as per ICASA requirements.