Online shopping made easier
Use your credit card to shop at your favourite online stores like takealot.com and Computicket or apps like Uber and Mr D Food.
Forget long registrations and waiting periods, getting your card ready for online shopping is now quick and easy.
Your card will automatically be activated for online shopping with a default limit of R1 000.
Note that your online shopping limit is not the same as your card purchase or ATM limits and must be set separately.
Once set up, you’ll approve your online purchases on our banking app or through USSD notification.
Update limits on our app
- Choose Cards
- Sign in with your Remote PIN
- If you have more than one card, choose the card you want to use
- Tap Update Limits
- Tap Update
- Enter your daily limit for Online / Telephone / Mail Purchases
- Accept the agreement
Update limits on Internet banking
- Sign in with your password/Remote PIN
- Click View my list of cards
- Select the relevant card
- Click Update daily card limits
- Enter your permanent/temporary daily limit for Online / Telephone / Mail Purchases
- Accept the agreement by clicking Update daily card limits
Update limits at a branch
A service consultant will help you to increase your card limits.
On our app
- After checkout, you'll receive an in-app notification
- Choose either Approve, Cancel or Suspect Fraud
- Enter your Remote PIN to authorise the transaction
If you don't have our app installed or if you don't have a data connection, the authentication message will be sent by USSD.
- You'll receive a USSD push notification verifying your transaction
- Reply 1. Approve, 2. Cancel or 99. Suspect Fraud
- After checkout you’ll get your 6-digit One-time PIN (OTP) in an SMS notification. We will send it to your cellphone number registered with Capitec
- Enter the OTP to authorise the transaction