your online shopping made easier
You no longer need to register your card or use the Mastercard® SecureCode™ for online shopping on sites such as takealot.com and Computicket, or apps such as Uber and Mr D Food.
Forget long registrations and waiting periods, getting your card ready for online shopping is now quick and easy.
Your card will automatically be activated for online shopping, but your default limit is set at R0. You won’t be able to do online shopping with a R0 limit, so you have to increase your limit before you get started.
Note that your online shopping limit is not the same as your card purchase or ATM limits and must be set separately.
Once set up, you’ll approve your online purchases on our banking app or through USSD notification.
Update limits on our app
- Choose Cards
- Sign in with your Remote PIN
- If you have more than one card, choose the card you want to use
- Tap Update Limits
- Tap Update
- Enter your daily limit for Online / Telephone / Mail Purchases
- Accept the agreement
Update limits on Internet banking
- Sign in with your password/Remote PIN
- Click View my list of cards
- Select the relevant card
- Click Update daily card limits
- Enter your permanent/temporary daily limit for Online / Telephone / Mail Purchases
- Accept the agreement by clicking Update daily card limits
Update limits at a branch
A service consultant will help you to increase your card limits.
On our app
- After checkout, you'll receive an in-app notification
- Choose either Approve, Cancel or Suspect Fraud
- Enter your Remote PIN to authorise the transaction
If you don't have our app installed or if you don't have a data connection, the authentication message will be sent by USSD.
- You'll receive a USSD push notification verifying your transaction
- Reply 1. Approve, 2. Cancel or 99. Suspect Fraud