Bank Better, Live Better
How do I update my Remote PIN?18/11/2021
Use our app to increase your Remote PIN up to 6 digits and make it more secure. Protect your PIN by creating one no one can guess.
Fraudsters want your PIN. #ProtectYourPIN by upgrading from a 4-digit to a 5 or 6-digit app PIN.
How to set up a new PIN on our app
- Sign in on our app and tap the menu in the top right corner
- Tap Settings
- Choose Update Remote PIN and enter your current PIN
- Enter a new Remote PIN of up to 6 digits and confirm it
Tips to keep your bank card pin safe
- Don't set a PIN that anyone can guess, such as your birthday or 12345
- Don't use the same PIN you use to unlock your phone
- Set a different PIN for your banking app and your bank card
- Don't repeat numbers such as 2244
- Don't use a pattern on the keypad to select a PIN
- Never use your banking PIN as your password for other accounts
If you suspect fraud on your account
- Report any suspicious card transactions by calling us on 0860 10 20 43
- Use our app to set your card limits to zero or stop your card
you may also like...
what to do if you fall victim to card fraud
Having illegal transactions performed on your account can be quite stressful and traumatic. Here’s how you can reduce the damages by acting quickly and responsibly.
changes to payments to and from namibia, lesotho and eswatini
Due to a directive by the South African Reserve Bank (SARB), Capitec clients will no longer be able to receive money from, or make EFT payments to, certain banks in neighbouring countries. Here’s what you can do.