You can now easily apply for a Capitec credit card online. Get up to R250 000 from prime and shop online, scan to pay from our app, and tap to pay – all for just R40 per month.
Credit card benefits
- Credit limit of up to R250 000
- Personalised credit based on your profile and affordability
- Up to 55 days interest-free period
- Pay a personalised interest rate from 7% per year
- Earn 2.25% per year on a positive balance
- Do cashless payments (worldwide at Mastercard®
card machines, online and for telephone and mail orders
- Zero fees to make secure online purchases, scan to pay from our app or tap to pay using your credit card
- Access to all your accounts
- Manage your credit card on our app
Skip the queue! See how much you qualify for on our app, apply online or call us direct on 0860 66 77 89
How to apply
To apply for a credit card with ease, simply:
- Do an online credit card estimate here or on our app
- Click I am interested after completing your estimate
- Wait for an agent to call and go through the full application process with you
- Once approved, visit a branch with your ID to have your credit card issued and to set your daily limits
Get your credit card delivered
If you do an online credit card estimate here or on our app, you can choose to have your credit card delivered to your door within 3 – 5 working days.
You’ll pay a once-off delivery fee of R150 that will be charged to your credit card account the day after your card is delivered. You can also choose to collect your card at any Capitec branch at no cost.
To read some of the frequently asked questions around delivery of your credit card click here
At a branch
Visit a Capitec Bank branch with these documents:
- Original identification document (must be 18 years or older). If you are married and your surname is no longer the same as indicated in your identification document, a marriage certificate will be required.
- Latest salary slip
- Stamped bank statement showing your latest 3 salary deposits
The minimum salary requirement for a credit card application is R5 000, and R10 000 for self-employed clients.
Tip: To speed up the credit application process, bring along your bank card when you apply for credit at a branch. Capitec uses DebiCheck, which allows you to electronically approve the details of a debit order with your bank before it can be processed to your account. You can use your card and PIN to approve the DebiCheck debit order if your credit application is successful.
Use our app to manage your card
- Update your daily card limits for withdrawals and card purchases
- Transfer your outstanding balance from the straight to budget payment option
- View your credit limits and transaction history
- Create, view and settle your budget balance
Don’t have our banking app yet? Here’s how to download the Capitec Bank app
Rates and fees
- Initiation fee: R100
- Monthly fee: R40
- Interest rate: 7.00% – 17.50% (based on your credit profile)
Download our free Money Guide. It's full of handy information about credit. We’ll help you work out how much credit you can afford, what interest, fees and charges you can expect, how to compare and get the best offer, and what to do if you’re struggling with your debt.
- Interest-free – pay your full outstanding balance before the next credit card installment due date
- Up to 55 days to pay for purchases, interest-free
- Minimum monthly payment of 5% on your outstanding balance
- Manage your money and repay purchases over a longer term
- Up to 48 months to pay
fuel your savings with Capitec and Shell
All Capitec clients now get cash back at Shell. Simply swipe your registered Shell V+ card and pay with your Capitec card or simply scan to pay.
back to school
Some students don’t have access to universities and tertiary education, either because of limited space, location, lack of money or the necessary qualifications, while others prefer more personalised education.