why don't you have a Capitec credit card?
Thousands of South Africans are being rewarded with 1% cash back, don’t get left behind.
What's in it for you?
With our credit card you get the best interest rate in the market from 7.75%, a limit of up to R500 000 and card delivery to your door. PLUS you get rewarded with 1% cash back on your monthly Capitec credit card spend. Reach your monthly banking goals and we'll increase your cash back to 1.5%.
How it works:
We've introduced a new benefit! That’s right – you get 1% cash back on your monthly Capitec credit card spend. Plus, reach your monthly banking goals and we'll increase your cash back to 1.5%.
To get 1% cash back on your credit card:
- Activate Live Better on our app
- Click, tap, swipe or scan to pay using your credit card
To get an additional 0.5% cash back your purchases, reach the following monthly banking goals:
- Maintain 1 product (credit, funeral plan or fixed-term savings)
- Have 3 debit orders
- Do 5 Money Out app transactions, like:
- Buy prepaid airtime or data
- Buy electricity
- Scan to pay
- Send cash
- Pay beneficiary
- Recurring/future dated payments
For more information on Live Better cash back, click here.
Didn’t reach your banking goals? You will still get 1% cash back when you spend on your credit card.
Get your cash back on Live Better day!
Your cash back will be paid into your Live Better savings, making the 10th of every month a Money In day for you!
Credit card benefits
- Credit limit of up to R500 000
- Zero fees for payments in South Africa
- Safe and secure online shopping with retailers
- Up to 55 days interest-free period
- Best interest rate in the market from 8.25% per year
- Earn 3.50% per year on a positive balance
- It can help you build your credit record
3 easy ways to apply:
- Apply online now or on our app (Complete an online credit card estimate here or on our app)
- Call 0860 66 77 89
- Visit a branch
- Have your documents ready:
- Original Identification document (must be 18 years or older)
- Latest salary slip
- 3 months bank statement
- The minimum salary requirement for a credit card application is R5 000, and R10 000 for self-employed clients
- Have your documents ready:
Once your credit card application is approved, you can either have your credit card delivered for free or collect it from your nearest branch at no cost.
Use our app to manage your card
- Update your daily card limits for withdrawals and card purchases
- Transfer your outstanding balance from the straight to budget payment option
- Create, view and settle your budget balance
- View your credit limit and transaction history
- Transfer money into your credit card to save on interest
Don’t have our banking app yet? Here’s how to download the Capitec Bank app
Rates and fees
- Initiation fee: R100
- Monthly fee: R45
- Interest rate: 8.25% – 18.75% (based on your credit profile)
Download our free Money Guide. It's full of handy information about credit. We’ll help you work out how much credit you can afford, what interest, fees and charges you can expect, how to compare and get the best offer, and what to do if you’re struggling with your debt.
- Interest-free – pay your full outstanding balance before the next credit card installment due date
- Up to 55 days to pay for purchases, interest-free
- Minimum monthly payment of 5% on your outstanding balance
- Manage your money and repay purchases over a longer term
- Up to 48 months to pay