my findsremove bookmarks all done
One card for all your banking. Get up to R150 000 credit limit.
Credit card benefits
- Access to all your accounts
- Earn 5% per year on a positive balance
- Up to 55 days interest-free period
- Personalised credit based on your profile and affordability
- Credit limit of up to R150 000
- Secure online purchases
- Do cashless payments (zero fees worldwide at
card machines, online and for telephone and mail orders)
- No currency conversion fees for card purchases overseas
Manage your credit card on our app
Credit insurance is available if you don’t have your own.
Free basic travel insurance is a convenient credit card benefit for when you travel abroad.
Use our app to manage your card
Update your daily card limits for withdrawals and card purchases
- Transfer your outstanding balance from the straight to budget payment option
- View your credit limits and transaction history
- Create, view and settle your budget balance
How to apply
Visit a Capitec Bank branch with these documents
- Original identification document (must be 18 years or older). If you are married and your surname is no longer the same as indicated in your identification document, a marriage certificate will be required.
- Latest salary slip
- Stamped bank statement showing your latest 3 salary deposits
Save time and try our online estimate to see what you qualify for before going to a branch.
Rates and fees
- Initiation fee: R100
- Monthly fee: R35
- Interest rate: 10.25% – 20.75% (based on your credit profile)
Download our free Good for Credit booklet. It's full of handy information about credit. We’ll help you work out how much credit you can afford, what interest, fees and charges you can expect, how to compare and get the best offer, and what to do if you’re struggling with your debt.
The minimum salary requirement for a credit card application is R3 000.
Straight versus budget purchases
- Interest-free – pay your full outstanding balance before the next credit card instalment due date
- Up to 55 days to pay for purchases, interest-free
Minimum monthly payment of 5% on your outstanding balance
Manage your money and repay purchases over a longer term
Up to 48 months to pay
Cover against losses
Chargeback protection covers you in certain instances for purchases made with your credit card. It only applies in cases where the dispute could not be resolved between you and the merchant.
You may be protected in the following cases:
- The company you purchased from went into liquidation
- The goods were not as described or were defective
- The goods were not received as promised
- A processing error by the bank occurred
- You were charged multiple times or for the incorrect amount
- You were the victim of fraud and did not authorise the purchase
Lost card protection
- You have access to free lost card protection which protects you against loss caused by fraudulent use before reporting the card as lost or stolen
- It does not cover transactions where you were negligent or in which your PIN was used, it is therefore important to keep your PIN safe
- You must report the card as lost or stolen immediately after detecting that your card is missing