know what you get, know what you pay
Many things may have changed over the past year, but our approach to help you live better, did not. We’ve kept our fees largely the same with no changes to digital fees, even though we’ve added many new features to our app. And some of our fees are now even lower too, such as Send cash.
You can download the latest 2021 fees flyer here.
- Your service provider will charge a fee for network access
- Includes Client Care Centre transactions
- Limited to travel-related transactions in terms of Section B16 of the Exchange Control Rulings of the South African Reserve Bank
- Fixed fee means it does not increase as the value of the transaction increases
- See foreign exchange services for more information
- Supplementary cards cannot be used internationally
- Card-not-present transactions limited to R50 000 per international transaction, up to your daily limit, in terms of Section B16 of the Exchange control Rulings of the South African Reserve Bank
- See foreign exchange services for more information on direct currency conversion
- An early release Capitec ATM transfer can only be done from a multiple deposit fixed-term or tax-free savings account with a balance of less than R10 000
- Get cash from any international ATM and purchase at any international card machine with the Mastercard® logo
- Remote banking app limits for sending cash: R3 000 per transaction, R5 000 per day, R24 990 per month
- Mobile banking (*120*3279#) limits for sending cash: R1 000 per transaction, R1 000 per day, R24 990 per month
A R3 processing (authorisation/clearing) fee will be charged for international transactions switched by Mastercard®, for both successful and unsuccessful transactions, whether the transaction was initiated cross-border from outside South Africa or locally from within South Africa
new fees, no fuss
We update our fees every year on 1 March. We’ve kept the increases as low as possible to help you bank better to live better in 2018.