know what you get, know what you pay
Many things may have changed over the past year, but our approach to help you live better, did not. We’ve kept our fees largely the same with no changes to digital fees, even though we’ve added many new features to our app. And some of our fees are now even lower too, such as Send cash.
Note: Following the recent unrest, we have made it easier to get cash by waiving the fees to transact at another bank’s ATM. Capitec clients can draw cash at any bank's ATM for only R7.50 per R1 000 from 1 Aug – 30 Sep.
You can download the latest 2021 fees flyer here.
- Your service provider will charge a fee for network access
- Includes Client Care Centre transactions
- Limited to travel-related transactions in terms of Section B16 of the Exchange Control Rulings of the South African Reserve Bank
- Fixed fee means it does not increase as the value of the transaction increases
- See foreign exchange services for more information
- Supplementary cards cannot be used internationally
- Card-not-present transactions limited to R50 000 per international transaction, up to your daily limit, in terms of Section B16 of the Exchange control Rulings of the South African Reserve Bank
- See foreign exchange services for more information on direct currency conversion
- An early release Capitec ATM transfer can only be done from a multiple deposit fixed-term or tax-free savings account with a balance of less than R10 000
- Get cash from any international ATM and purchase at any international card machine with the Mastercard® logo
- Remote banking app limits for sending cash: R3 000 per transaction, R5 000 per day, R24 990 per month
- Mobile banking (*120*3279#) limits for sending cash: R1 000 per transaction, R1 000 per day, R24 990 per month
- A processing (authorisation/clearing) fee will be charged for both successful and unsuccessful international transactions, whether the transaction was initiated cross-border from outside South Africa or locally from within South Africa. This includes the account status inquiry when an international merchant loads your card for payments
debit orders safer with debicheck
DebiCheck is another way for you to take control of your money by allowing you to confirm any new debit orders going off from your bank account.
zero data fees to use our app
Using our app is the most affordable way to transact. Pay zero data fees when banking on our app, while app transaction fees are also much lower than in branch.