Bank Better, Live Better
live better with our credit card
You get access to all your accounts and a credit limit of up to R250 000.
Our credit card offers:
- Personalised credit based on your profile and affordability
- 4.75% interest per year on a positive balance
- Up to 55 days to pay for purchases, interest free
- A credit limit of up to R250 000
- Pay from 10% interest per year on outstanding amounts
- Secure online purchases
- Cashless payments (zero fees worldwide at Mastercard® card machines, online and for telephone and mail orders)
- No currency conversion fees for international payments.
Your Capitec credit card gives you access to international travel insurance to cover any unexpected medical expenses while you’re travelling abroad. You may also opt in for comprehensive top-up cover at your own cost if additional cover is required.
Conditions for cover:
- You must pay for your flight ticket in full with your Capitec credit card
- You must be under 75 years of age
- Your trip must be shorter than 90 days
Manage your credit card on our app
Our app makes managing your card easier, helping to improve your credit score and build a strong credit profile.
- Update your daily card limits for withdrawals and card purchases
- Transfer your outstanding balance from the straight to budget payment option
- View your credit limits and transaction history
- Create, view and settle your budget balance
How to apply
Visit a branch with these documents:
- Original identification document (must be 18 years or older). If your name and/or surname differs from your identification document, a marriage certificate, divorce court or name change letter will be required
- Latest salary slip
- Stamped bank statement showing your latest 3 salary deposits
Note: The minimum salary requirement for a credit card application is R3 000.
you may also like...
how to balance full-time work and part-time studies
Working full time and studying on the side can be tricky, but it doesn’t have to be.
are you in need of credit relief or assistance?
We’re doing everything we can to help you during the COVID-19 crisis. If your income has been affected, speak to us about our credit payment relief and assistance options and our 100% interest refund (valid until 19 July 2020).
your 5-step guide to stress-free home renovations
Maybe you’re planning to remodel your kitchen, turn your garage into a home office or simply update your bathroom. Before you start any renovations, here’s what you should know.