Do you have an unplanned expense or would like to be prepared for emergency situations? Get a credit facility of up to R5 000 in minutes to take care of your needs.
What is a credit facility?
- Get up to R5 000 (depending on your affordability assessment)
- The money is available immediately so you can do card payments or get cash at supermarket tills and ATMs
- It's easy to use – transfer money to your transaction/savings account using your cellphone or Internet banking (Remote Banking) and our ATMs
- Must be paid back in full each month
- Reviewed at a branch every 9 months for your convenience
Credit facility rates and fees
- Initiation fee: R172.5 for the first R1 000 transfer up to R649.75 for following transfers
- Monthly fee: R35 (without active balance owing) R69 (with active balance owing)
Credit insurance is available if you don’t have your own.
Documents you need when applying
- Original identification document (must be 18 years or older). If your name and/or surname differs from your identification document, a marriage certificate, divorce court order or name change letter will be required.
- Latest salary slip
- Any original bank statement showing your latest 3 consecutive salary deposits into an account in your name (an over-the-counter bank statement must be stamped)
Download our free Good for Credit booklet for tips on handling credit.
back to school
Some students don’t have access to universities and tertiary education, either because of limited space, location, lack of money or the necessary qualifications, while others prefer more personalised education.