we’ve partnered with EasyEquities to make investing easy
Capitec clients can now buy and sell shares straight from our new Capitec Bank app and save 20% on brokerage fees across all trades.
Whether you're new to investing or simply want to expand your portfolio, it's never been this easy to invest in local and international companies. Download our new app and activate the EasyEquities widget to invest securely from anywhere, at any time!
EasyEquities is an innovative investment platform that allows you to own parts of a company (shares) from as little as R5. They make it easy and more affordable to buy shares in local and international stock markets. We've partnered with them to deliver on our purpose of helping you improve your financial life – by providing simple access to easy investing. And if you haven't invested before, don't worry about it! We'll help you learn the ropes with practise money in your demo account so you can get the hang of investing before using your own money.
How it works
A simplified version of the EasyEquities platform is available as a widget on our app. Through the widget, you'll be able to:
- Link your existing EasyEquities profile if you have one
- Create a new EasyEquities profile
- Practise using a demo account with R100 000 (ZAR) and $10 000 (USD) demo money (Note: this is not a real account and you won't be using real money)
- View your portfolio to get a complete view of your ZAR, USD, and Tax-free Savings (TFSA) accounts
- View your total account value, investment type and shares
- Browse the marketplace for local or international shares
- View the costs and performance of shares
What are the benefits?
You can use the new EasyEquities widget on our app to:
- Invest from as little as R5 – with no minimum amounts
- Save 20% on brokerage fees across all trades including:
- All shares and Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) in your ZAR account
- All ETFs in your TFSAs
- All shares and ETFs in your USD account
- Do easy transfers from your Capitec account to your EasyEquities account
- Securely link your profile if you're an existing EasyEquities user
How to get the widget
Download the new Capitec Bank app and follow these easy steps.
- Tap Explore
- Tap Widgets
- Choose EasyEquities and follow the steps to add the widget to your home screen
EasyEquities T&Cs apply. EasyEquities is a product of First World Trader (Pty) Ltd t/a EasyEquities, which is an authorised FSP (FSP 22588) and a registered credit provider NCRCP12294. The content herein is of a factual and/or administrative nature and should not be construed as financial advice in terms of the Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act, 2002 (“FAIS”). For more information, including the EasyEquities complaints and conflict of interest management policy as well as the full disclosure required in terms of FAIS, please go to www.easyequities.co.za.
Capitec Bank Limited is an authorised financial services provider (FSP 46669) and registered credit provider (NCRCP13) Capitec Bank Limited Reg. No.: 1980/003695/06.
save for your future
With Global One, you get 4 extra savings plans and could earn up to 9.00% interest. Simply choose a savings plan and your deposit option and start investing.
why perseverance is key to financial freedom
At just 27, actress Thuso Mbedu is a successful career woman and proud home owner who has overcome many life challenges on her journey to achieving financial independence.