There is a simpler way to get credit. Get an estimate online or use our banking app to apply for up to R250 000. You’ll get a personalised offer based your affordability, and you can choose between the amount you want, the lowest monthly instalment or the lowest interest rate, starting at 12.9%.
Whether you need to do home improvements, pay for your children's education to secure their future or buy a reliable car to get your family there safely – living better starts when you get credit for the right reasons.
A personalised loan means that you get the best offer based on your profile and your need, with lower fees and at the best possible interest rate. Remember that the term will affect your instalments, so be sure that you'll be able to repay the monthly instalments over the whole term.
- Get up to R250 000 over 1 – 84 months
- Choose between the amount you want, the monthly installment that suits your pocket, or the option that gives you the lowest interest rate
- Credit is approved in minutes and the money is available immediately
- Pay fixed monthly repayments
- Get interest rates from 12.9%
- Consolidate all your existing loans for easier monthly repayments
- Add affordable credit insurance, including retrenchment and death cover
- Manage your credit using our app
Ways to apply
Your offer is based on your affordability and credit profile
- Your banking and credit history
- Your income and expenses to see how much you can afford
- How stable your source of income is, to make the best offer
- You choose the credit amount that you want
- You choose the monthly installment that suits your cash flow or the option that gives you the best interest rate
Credit insurance is required for credit terms of 7 months or longer to cover death, permanent or temporary disability, unemployment, the inability to earn an income or retrenchment.
Documents you need when applying
- Original identification document (must be 18 years or older). If your name and/or surname differs from your identification document, a marriage certificate, divorce court order or name change letter will be required.
- Latest salary slip
- Any original bank statement showing your latest 3 consecutive salary deposits into an account in your name (an over-the-counter bank statement must be stamped)
Credit for business owners
To apply for a business loan, your business must be registered as one of the following:
- Association not for gain
- Close Corporation (CC)
- Incorporated (Inc)
- Public (Ltd) or Private company (Pty Ltd)
- Read more about our credit solution for businesses here
Note: We cannot grant credit to informally self-employed individuals, including freelancers and sole traders.
Download our free Good for Credit booklet for tips on how to handle credit.
do you have lazy money?
While most people work hard for their money, their money isn’t working for them. Right now, there’s R295 billion in lazy money in South Africa. Money that’s simply sitting in transactional accounts earning no interest. If that money earned just 4.75% interest, it would put over R14 billion extra into the pockets of South Africans each year.
here’s how to get your credit record into shape
Having credit is an important part of a good financial plan as it forms the basis of your credit record. Here's why having a credit record is important and tips to build a solid one.