Ways to Transact
simply scan to pay and be on your way
You don't need to carry your wallet or cash. Get the new Capitec Bank app and use your smartphone to scan MasterpassTM QR codes to pay.
There's a simpler way to pay. Use our app to scan a QR code with your smartphone to make a purchase. It’s easier, quicker and safer than paying with cash – and your card won't even leave your wallet.
Use scan to pay on our app
What makes using scan to pay on our app different to other QR code payment apps
- You don't need to have multiple apps on your phone, simply scan Masterpass QR codes straight from our app
- Unlike other QR payment apps, you can view your available balance before making a purchase
- If you’re a Vodacom, MTN, Telkom Mobile or Cell C subscriber, you automatically qualify for zero-rated data. This means you don't need any data to use our app, you just need airtime to ensure your phone line is open
If you already have our banking app, update it to our latest version. To find it in your app store, simply search “Capitec Bank” in your app store or use the links below.
Note: Before you upgrade to the latest version of our app, make sure you've verified your email address on the current app. Once your email is verified, you can upgrade to the new app without visiting a branch. Our app is free to download and use, all you need is data for the download
If you have the following Huawei devices please use the Huawei link above to download our new app:
- Huawei Y7P
- Huawei P40
- Huawei P40 lite
- Huawei P40 Pro
- Huawei Mate XS foldable
How to use our app to scan to pay
Get started: If you haven't already, set your online limits on our app or at a branch.
It's convenient and secure, and much safer than carrying cash. Just use your smartphone’s camera to scan any major QR code and pay for meals, purchases at festivals and markets, in-store purchases or online shopping (a QR code is similar to a barcode that you can scan using your smartphone).
When you're ready to make a purchase:
- Simply open the app and choose Scan to pay from the Transact menu
- Allow the app to access your camera if this is your first time using scan to pay
- Tap Scan and scan the QR code
- If you have more than one card, choose which one you want to use (your debit card is your default payment card)
- Enter the amount
- Tap Pay and be on your way!
You can also view your last 10 transactions under your transaction history – including any unsuccessful payments and detailed transaction receipts.
Pay at retailers, restaurants and online merchants
Scan to pay anywhere you see a Masterpass QR code, and even at checkout instore and when shopping online:
- Any retailers displaying a Masterpass QR code
- Just a few of the businesses that support QR code payments include Shoprite, Checkers, Pick n Pay, Shell and Engen